about the consortium of bangsamoro civil society (cbcs)
From 29 CSO’s who committed themselves to a shared vision of a Bangsamoro society where people (Darussalam) enjoy the fruits of their successful struggle for a peaceful, democratic and progressive society, The network has since then expanded to have 160 member organizations. It is a network that builds on cooperation, partnership and collaboration of civil society and duty bearers to be more effective in its advocacies for sustained peacebuilding, good governance, promotion of human rights / transitional justice and enabling environment for the delivery of basic services to needy conflict affected communities of the Bangsamoro within and outside of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
Principles and Beliefs
- Collective responsibility to build peace in Mindanao and work for development of Muslim Communities (Ummah) through participatory governance and leadership by mutual consultation (Shura).
- Honor, fairness and righteousness in promoting interfaith and intercultural social cohesion and inclusive development.
- Maximizing available opportunities for the cause of peace and social justice and human rights.
- Evidence-based advocacy especially on human right violations and other protection issues in the Bangamoro.
- Advancing the struggle for freedom and self-determination through peaceful and civil engagement.
- Critical collaboration and constructive engagement approach in relating with existing government institutions and programs.
- Establishing mutual coordination with Bangsamoro groups that share the same principles in our common advocacy for Bangsamoro self-determination and development.
- Increasing our constituency by reaching out to the less organized and involved segments of the BM society.
- We commit to work with other people and groups who share our vision for peace and justice.
FEATURED success stories
Moro-Indigenous Peoples Kinship Reaffirmation Program
Bangsamoro Unity and Solidarity Program
Council of leaders
Guiamel Mato Alim
Amenodin Tanog Cali
Dipunudin Dipatuan Maruhom
Ebrahim Dalam Sandigan
Mistiri Dari Tarami
Sami Matua Buat
Pinky Ayonan Hadji Ali
Deputy Secretary General
Ismael Macarenges Gonzales
Kayato Mendad Alim
Nathan Daupan Insung
Duma Madal Mascud
Abdulrasad Ismael Sawad
Isa Andy Salwang
Mussah Sangkula Tulawie
Ferrer Tinggalong Marcaban
Abdulbasit Rajamuda Benito
Guiamaludin Tan Guiam
George Ubpon Sampang
Prof. Sahie Udjah
Consortium of Bangsamoro
Civil Society (CBCS)
KFI Compound, Doña Pilar Street, Poblacion IV, Cotabato City, 9600 Philippines
Phone / Fax: (064) 557-0159
Program & Projects